Is there a change to carers allowance

For information and discussion about benefits
Hi guys my wife and me have two children both with low functioning autism my wife applied for carers two years ago but over time started to struggle with both the boys so when my business went bust I applied for carers for our second boy so she had help we also applied for income support its been hard work and to be honest we need each other but yesterday I was told its changing and only one of us will get carers in the future is this true ?
Presumably both your children claim PIP or DLA? As I understand it, each disabled person can have someone claiming Carers Allowance for them. Maybe DWP haven't realised that both your children have special needs? I know that if you claim ESA you are not required to work if you are a carer, but the benefits system is a bit like Snakes and Ladders!
However, Carers UK has a brilliant helpline, don't ring, email, and they will get back to you. Have both your children had Needs Assessments from Social Services, and you and your wife had a Carers Assessment from Social Services? Are you aware of the Family Fund - if your children are under 16?