Hi....I have been a carer for my husband for about 8 years. Recently my 83 yr old mum has moved in with us and also requires care. She hasn't seen a Doctor for about 40 years. She gets very mixed up/confused and is showing signs of dementia. Can I claim carers allowance on her behalf and what are the chances of her getting it without a Doctor to confirm it. Many thanks yvonne