IDS's department hands out bonuses of £44m

All about money
Work Secretary Iain Duncan Smith paid his staff bonuses totalling more than £44million last year while slashing benefits for countless needy and vulnerable people.

The top Tory’s department is in chaos with delays to flagship benefit reforms, a huge benefit tests backlog, botched work capability assessments and an IT crisis.

But senior civil service fatcats based in Whitehall were still paid bonuses of up to £17,500, based on performance the previous year.

In all, just 62 of them shared £671,000 on top of hefty salaries that often run to six figures.

And more junior Department for Work and Pensions staff were paid bonuses of up to £2,710 to top up their wages.

The average payment to rank-and-file employees was £515.

in full here
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ia ... ds-2145814
I want to swear but cant!
I want to swear but cant!
Unfortunately the forum won't let me type what I said Image Image Image Image Image
But senior civil service fatcats based in Whitehall were still paid bonuses of up to £17,500, based on performance the previous year.
in full here
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ia ... ds-2145814
As is stated in the article, the bonuses are being paid in respect of the previous year's performance in which the set targets must have been met & are not related to the current year's performance.
These bonuses may have been paid because they "met their targets" but who set the targets anyhow. Carers, some caring 24/7, are paid under £60 per week, pence per hour. So I'd like to set IDS a simple target for next year. Equate Carers Allowance to the minimum wage. Seven simple words. The way this government treats those caring for the most vulnerable in our society is a national disgrace. £44 million spread between all the carers in the UK wouldn't have been much each, but far more deserved!
simply refuse to care for your caree until you receive at least the Minimum wage simple! leave your Home and let the Gov look after them!, I am sorely tempted!