Struggling to finacially support my son!

All about money
Hello, does anyone know what benefits I may get or should ask for, any advice would be appriecieted. My son is 17 not able to go to college or work at present due to his mental health. He needs alot of support 24/7. I had to give up work over the years to be his carer i am on esa myself at present. Not been giving very good advice from social worker as she thought i may be intitled to child tax but this is not the case (although he is a dependent young adult) nor child benefit. It seems very unfair that a child that would go to work or college if he could manage it should be penalised. Any advice would be very appreciated. ☺
Hello Nicola and welcome to the forum :)

I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits. They will be able to do a benefits check for you and your son.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

0808 808 7777
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.

If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.
Ok, thanks susieq.