[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I am absolutley furious on the behalf of all of us carers - Carers UK Forum

I am absolutley furious on the behalf of all of us carers

All about money
Hello, I am so annoyed & furious on the behalf of all us carers. I have read that NO one will get any rise in carers allowance or anything. They expect us carers to work long hours and even some of us have our own health issues. I simply dread each day at times. I really struggle at time with my own issues let alone my Hubbys. But I always put my self last. I have emailed Damian Green the Minister for Health & work & pensions. The welfare system is an utter disgrace. I dread the next few years. Its really a sheer disgrace with the high cost of utility Bills, going up and council gtax going up. And we GET NOTHING . Apart from stress. Sorry I am absolutley furious. regards Amandah
Hope you are claiming your carers 25% discount on your CTAX. I know it isn't much but not everyone seems to know about it.
Hi Thank-you yes indeed we do get help with council tax. As Hubby is disabled. I am still very annoyed as us carers are on duty and at times its very difficult. I too am suffering with Arthritis. But who gives a ..... about me? NO ONE !! Sorry to moan. regards Amanda H
Hi Amanda
You sound very frustrated and on edge at the moment? Don't forget the help line on this site which from all accounts are wizards at advice and help on benefits etc. The rest of us provide empathy, hints, tips and cyber hugs.
(())
Elaine
We lost the discount on our council tax because Rob is in hospital and my ca was stopped. They told us that you cannot get the discount for a husband or wife. My husband gets CA for me and I get High rate DLA. Our sons DLA has been stopped.

Eun
Eun wrote:We lost the discount on our council tax because Rob is in hospital and my ca was stopped. They told us that you cannot get the discount for a husband or wife. My husband gets CA for me and I get High rate DLA. Our sons DLA has been stopped.

Eun
Eun have you ever contacted the Adviceline team for advice ? Might be worth a call ?
when my dad died ,, we were out of pocket by £500 a month ,, local council said "" here is your new council tax bill and while we are at it ,, here is your new rent ""..
mum complained and was told in exact words "" of course your council tax has increased , there is 1 less mouth to feed in your home , so you have more money available ""....
mum said no we are £500 worse off per month so how does that make us better off..
woman at council simply replied with , enjoy the rest of your day.

and not forgetting the fact they said we kept information back that my dad had been dead for 2 months , so they will back date the council tax to the date he stopped living in the home.
we did not tell the council directly as mum used something called "" tell us once "" the under takers advised mum to use.