[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers allowance & DLA - Carers UK Forum

Carers allowance & DLA

All about money
Any advice would be welcome.
I care for my wife who receives high mobility and low care DLA as well as contribution based ESA.
The caring I do involves all meal preparation, the usual domestic & household jobs, collection of medication/prescriptions, managing and taking her to medical appointments, washing and dressing when needed. No doubt others but these are the main ones.
Due to undiagnosed chronic pain she spends much of her time in bed so I am fairly tired to the house or get out for short periods.

I am in receipt of occupational pension due to ill health retirement and claim no benefits.

Does anyone know whether this combination of DLA/ESA would qualify me for Carers Allowance. I hesitate to ask the benefits people anything for fear of them changing my wife's allowance s that took 2 years to win.

Thanks.
Did you know Carers UK had a helpline? If you can't get through on the phone, send an email. They made me £50 a week better off, so I'm happy to recommend them. They can go through all your benefits with you.