[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Income Support & Carer's Allowance Questions - Carers UK Forum

Income Support & Carer's Allowance Questions

All about money
Hello,

I currently receive Carer's Allowance at £62.10 per week. The person I provide care for receives PIP at the enhanced rate for both components and contribution based ESA (support group). I recently applied for Income Support, the application is pending.

Am I correct in thinking that my £62.10 CA will be deducted from IS? I.e: £73.10 (IS) - £62.10 (CA) = £11 IS per week. I've also heard of a carer's premium possibly applying, but I can't find definitive answers anywhere. Could anyone provide more info about the carer's premium. How much is it? Who is eligible? Etc.

Thank you.
If you look at the top of the page, there is a red "Help and Advice" tab, click here and you will find links to basic information about Carers Allowance etc. Carers UK has a brilliant helpline (which made me £50 a week better off!) so I would suggest that you gather together some basic information about what you are receiving, then give them a ring/email. They are much, much better informed about the rules than the DWP helpline!!!