[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Household income changes, any ideas? - Carers UK Forum

Household income changes, any ideas?

All about money
I look after my brother who has a severe spinal injury and, thankfully, he is currently receiving the appropriate benefits (at least as far as I can tell). I receive Carers Allowance for looking after him and, until recently, I also received Income Support which gave us enough to get by. I have been told by the DWP that, now that I have married, I am no longer entitled to Income Support. The three of us live together with my wife and I looking after my brother with myself being his primary carer, my wife being lucky enough to hold down a full-time job.
What I was wondering was how we make ends meet now? Losing my Income Support is a serious blow to our finances and I wanted to ask what, if any, help I ought to be looking for? My brother receives ESA & DLA, I now receive only CA and my wife is the only wage earner working full-time for a modest wage. Anyone have any ideas?
Hello Nem,

best place to go for advice on any benefits related matters is the Carers UK Adviceline, you'll find their contact details here:

http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/talk-to-us

If you can't get through on the phone then email them with your query and they'll get back to you as soon as possible.