[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carer's Discounts - Carers UK Forum

Carer's Discounts

All about money
Is there a list of places were cares can get Discounts on shops ect
No,
Just ask. Always ask -
I've wangled free entry or discounts to all sorts of festivals and concert venues, sports facilities, and so on. In Scotland, registered disabled bus passengers can take a carer and themselves for free. The Cinema Exhibitors Card gives free entry to carers to movies.

Best single ticket saving? I'm attending Womad festival for three days this year with my son, camping ticket, two for the price of one, saving over a hundred pounds.

We usually get to ski for two for the price of one, as well. We like skiing a lot.
Hi do you now of any links please?
No, just google it.
Phone the venue, and ask.
I have no idea what you are looking for. You can probably get half price for Tosca at Convent Garden on Tuesdays and Wednesdays if you ask nicely, but I am unsure whether Grand Opera is your bag.
If you just want free cinema tickets go to https://www.ceacard.co.uk/

B&Q do discounts for pensioners, http://www.diy.com/diy/diamond-club

I like Saturdays at Tescos, you can get outrageously cheap end of line booze, if that is what you want. And for cigar discounts, get a cheap package holiday to Dubai or Turkey, saving hundreds of pounds for 50 decent Havanas.

As I said earlier, I don't know what you are looking to get cheap. There are deals all over the place.
Ask your local authority for a carers assessment and ask at the assessment. In my area you get what they call Access to Leisure card which gives you half price gym membership, theatres tickets and many other leisure outlets. Also get free cinema tickets. Beachut, swimming etc
If your caree has behaviour problems, then you probably qualify for a "Companion" bus pass. Ask your local authority. Then you should both be able to travel free in your local area. The National Trust do 2 for 1 entry. I've found most of the preserved railways do this, but Pecorama in Beer (lots of steam miniature trains) took about 10 minutes to give us the concession, black marks for them! If anyone wants evidence of disability (i.e. if caree not in a wheelchair) the "companion bus pass" is useful to prove this.
I've asked and asked for a carer's assessment and got no we're.
I went to the local carers association the other day and they are demanding a carer's assessment for me because there is a impact on my health.
I'm looking for free things nationally on sports,karaoke, karatie, day's out, day trips,
Simon_1501 wrote:I'm looking for free things nationally on sports,karaoke, karatie, day's out, day trips,
Donnington Park have (had) free entry for carers.
Got two tickets for the price of one at the Commonwealth Games boxing finals in Glasgow, yeah! That's worth a few bob.
Every venue has its own rules. You need to be pushy and ask. Nicely, of course.