[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
HIGH COURT REVIEW OF BENEFITS CAPS - Carers UK Forum

HIGH COURT REVIEW OF BENEFITS CAPS

All about money
Post a reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Via facebook, I've just found something called "Welfare Weekly". It says that the High Court has ordered an urgent review of the welfare "caps", to be heard by the end of October. I'm now following Welfare Weekly - never heard of it before but it seems full of interesting things relevant to many of us.
Thanks for the reference, bowlingbun.

I find this very vaguely worded: "The high court has ordered an urgent judicial review into the benefit cap and its impact on disabled people and their carers, it has been announced today."

The high court doesn't order judicial reviews. The only sense I can make of it is that the ongoing judicial review should not be stopped.

This solicitors' site seems to be referring to the same thing http://www.hmbsolicitors.co.uk/news/cat ... et_id=1619:

"The High Court has ordered that a judicial review challenge to the ‘benefit cap’ and its impact upon disabled people and their carers should proceed to a full hearing, and that this hearing must take place urgently. The Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, Iain Duncan Smith, unsuccessfully argued that the claim should be dismissed. Mr Justice King rejected the Secretary of State’s arguments, granted permission to the claimants and ordered that the hearing must take place no later than 30th October this year."
Hi,
Very interesting I didn't know of the High Court Review, I will have to keep my eyes open for that. I've been too busy to look or listen to the news. I have not had time to visit the site.
Bye,
Bernard.
Hi,
Just been reading the weekly welfare site. And I must admit I don't like what I've just read about capping of the benefits. If he does as he says he is thinking of note I said thinking of. Capping housing benefit for persons too pay a percentage of their housing rent benefit I for one will be very hard hit. My wife and I have diabetes, my wife has M.S. wheelchair bound claims E.S.A. they are going to cut it. I claim Care Allowance and I.S. ( rent £270.10 per week rent) We are stuffed.
Bernard.
Sorry depressed today. Rest of you have a good day.
Started today (21st Oct) on a very positive note. More information will follow. I am a plaintif in the case.

Attachments

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable