[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Help working out carers allowance - Carers UK Forum

Help working out carers allowance

All about money
Hi i wondered if anyone can offer some advice i work part time, and under the rule can only earn £128PW, im paid monthly so wondered how much i should put in a pension?

I earn, £590.13 Per month, I was thinking of putting 15% into a pension = which is 88.5195, i understand only Half is deductable is this correct,

£590.13 x 12 = 7081.55 ÷ 52 ( weeks a year) = £136.183846154....

can anyone help? so confused
Yes, you can deduct 50% of any pension contributions when calculating eligibility for carers allowance.

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... -allowance
(scroll down to "You don’t earn over £128 a week (after deductions)"
The following amounts are deducted from your gross weekly earnings (if you are in employment) or your net profit (if you are in self-employment) before your earnings are taken into account for Carer’s Allowance:

Income Tax
National Insurance
half of your contributions towards an occupational/personal pension
Example

If you earn £130 a week (after tax and national insurance) you will not be entitled to Carer’s Allowance. However, if you put £10 a week into a pension, half of the £10 can be deducted from your earnings. Your earnings for Carer’s Allowance would therefore be £130 - £5 = £125 a week. As this is not over the earnings limit, you could claim Carer’s Allowance.
In your case you are currently £8.18 over the weekly threshold so you would need to put around £20 per week into a pension plan. 50% of that £20 would be deductible - i.e. £10 which would bring your earnings down to £126.18 per week.