[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
financial question - Carers UK Forum

financial question

All about money
If someone gets income support and carers allowance will these benefits be affected if dad who lives with the person getting benefits pays rent and helps towards household bills?
In other words will this count as the carer's income? Will any benefits be affected?
thanks
Hi sam, with questions about benefits, its such a mine-field that I always think the best thing to do is contact CarersUK via the help line, or e-mail them. They are very knowledgeable, but have restricted times when the phone line is manned, so e-mail may be your best shot.
Benefits = Snakes and Ladders! For basic information go to the top of the page and click on the "Help and Advice tab". This is a really good starting point. If in doubt DON'T ring the DWP as their phone advice isn't always correct! I was £50 per week better of thanks to the Carers UK helpline, they are much more reliable, but busy because they are so good.