[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Esa support group re:assessment - Carers UK Forum

Esa support group re:assessment

All about money
Hi, I'm currently on esa support group have been for two years, I also get carers allowance for looking after my mom,which is deducted from esa. But my query is will I still have to go for another assessment? There was no date as too how long I will be on esa support. I've been in carers allowance for one year. Obviously I'm concerned if I do get called in,as they could give me zero points then I have to go through the appeal proses.martin.
Hi Martin,
I'm sorry I don't know, but this is something the helpline maybe able to advise on:

Carers UK Adviceline

You can talk to us five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

We provide information and advice on:

benefits and tax credits
carers employment rights
carers’ assessments
the services available for carers
how to complain effectively and challenge decisions.
Our listening service is there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through.*

Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm.
Note: listening service available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.

Adviceline or phone 0808 808 7777*

Email advice@carersuk.org

If you can't get though, email them and ask for a call back.

Melly1
Hi, thanks for reply, I'll give them a call.
I emailed them last Thursday and got no reply,why offer help and advice if they can't be bothered to at least acknowledge the email.
Hi Martin,
I'm sorry that you haven't yet heard back from the helpline.

I do know they are always completely snowed under trying to respond to everyone's enquiries. With Bank Holiday too, they are probably still playing catch up.

I will raise your concerns with admin.

Melly1
When they answered my query recently, it took about five days. It was a VERY thorough reply, and that takes time. You need to understand that with all the benefit changes there are lots of people asking for advice, especially as funding cuts mean that lots of other local sources of advice have closed. Just be patient for a few more days, I'm sure they will get back to you. They made me £50 a week better off some years ago, because they knew DWP rules better than the DWP themselves (!) so I'm always happy to sing their praises.
Feel a bit embarrassed now, as they got back to me this morning, and were very helpful.
Thanks to you all.
Glad they got back to you. I think we all know that money, or lack of it, is one of the biggest worries for all carers.
I had reason to phone a couple of weeks ago. Luckily I got through on the phone. Yes, they were very helpful and understanding.
Pleased you found them helpful too.
Thank you for your comments everyone - it's great to hear that so many of you have got the expert advice and help you need from the Carers UK Adviceline.

The team get a huge volume of calls and emails from carers across the UK, so it can take up to five working days for them to fully reply to each enquiry. As some of you have said, we always strive to give thorough, expert advice tailored to your personal situation, and that can take some time.

There's usually an automated email that gets sent to everyone who emails the Adviceline, letting them know that their query has been received and that they will get a response within five working days. So Martin, it's really helpful that you flagged this with us. We've been able to fix an error that meant that email wasn't working correctly when you got touch. So thank you for being honest with us, and I'm really pleased to hear you got the help you need.

All the best,

Kate