[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ESA and severe disability premium - Carers UK Forum

ESA and severe disability premium

All about money
Hi all, error correction re SDP.
To receive SDP on top of any other disability premium, enhanced or pensioner, you must receive a Qualifying benefit. AA or constant AA paid with industrial injuries benefit or war pension. DLA care at middle or high rate. PIP daily living component or forces independence payment. no one gets carers for looking after you and Technically you live alone.
Couples: Qualify if both get a qualifying benefit, no one gets CA for looking after either of you and you both get a qualifying benefit you can both get SDP. If someone gets CA for looking after just one of you and you both get a qualifying benefit, one is entitled to SDP.
Carers Cannot be forced to claim CA.

Check to see which way is more beneficial
Claiming CA only works to get the JC off your back if you are a carer.
Sorry to all for mix-up
Madfloyd
This is what I was referring to in another post I made where I said that the DWP were keen to get people onto CA because it can be less beneficial to the claimant in some cases like these.
Yet another minefield issue for us then? :(
Petal wrote:Yet another minefield issue for us then? :(
Hello Petal,

I'm sure that an expert benefit assessment will sort it out.

As Floyd's said, they should do all the possible combinations that relate to your personal circumstances & then you choose the one that gives you the most income.
caravanj wrote:I'm sure that an expert benefit assessment will sort it out.
I agree.
One thing that I think we can all agree on is that it is unbelievably complex and there are multiple combinations of benefits. No one-size fits all!