[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Working and Carers Allowance Advice - Carers UK Forum

Working and Carers Allowance Advice

All about money
I'm currently receiving Carers Allowance for my father.

Recently I've been on a work placement but in the next few weeks I'm going to be starting into a part time job at my placement and my supervisor is trying to work out a way for me to work part time and still keep my carers allowance.

I went to 2 different jobs and benefits offices today and was told that they no longer have anybody on staff who deals directly with carers allowance and that I had to contact the carers allowance call center, which was busy when i got home and left me with music that was drilling into my skull.

i'm just looking for some information, and everybody so far has been stonewalling me.

all i want to know is:

How much can I earn before I lose my entitlement
What counts as an expense under carers allowance
And if anybody knows anything about a benefit my aunt mentioned a while back called the Night Allowance (it might be connected to carers credit somehow
Hi Bernard,

First off contact Carers UK's Adviceline (I guarantee they will give you correct, up to date information)
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

0808 808 7777
advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.
If you can't through on the phone (lines are often oversubscribed), send them an email and they'll get back to you. In the meantime have a read of this

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... -allowance

and have a read here on ideas how to reduce earnings to below the £110 per week threshold (the topic was started before the last increase in Carers Allowance but the same principles apply)

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... week-21683

Regarding "night allowance" - I think your Aunt is referring to the higher rate Attendance Allowance which your Dad might be able to claim, details here:
https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... -allowance
as it is my Dad said i'd almost be just as well not telling carers allowance that i'm working and then deal with them when i eventually get caught. It wouldn't be my fault that i got stonewalled at every turn
please don't - ignorance of the rules will not count as a defense and you could be prosecuted for benefit fraud !
I was planning on phoning the help line anyway but by the time i got back in from trying my local jobs and benfits office it was after 4pm