[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Energy bills rise - Carers UK Forum

Energy bills rise

All about money
Hello, I'm a carer for my mother who has Parkinsons and dementia and live with her. I've only just looked at her energy bills as she has direct debit payments.

I just want to check this is right, because I've seen on the news the average bill will be £400 per month after all the increases.

But last night I saw that since January, her bill has gone up from £204 to £417 since June. After the 80% rise in October that means it will then be £750 per month and after the next 50% increase early next year it will be £1125 per month?

That seems a lot higher than the predicted £400 average per month. I don't know if I'm missing something here, we do use the washing machine a couple of times a day, but other than that nothing is overly used as far as I'm aware.

I realise this is a very difficult time for everyone in this respect, but If anyone can help shine any light on the matter it would be much appreciated.

George
Is the bill worked out on actual metre readings or estimated.

If estimated they are likely to be over estimated.

Also worth putting the washing machine on a lower temp wash and shorter time.

I.e. if she usually has a 60 degree wash for 3.55 hrs for instance then try 40 degrees for an hour and a half.

I believe you can even do 30 min washes too.

Avoid the tumble dryer and have washing hanging to dry. Although I guesse this will be challenging as I know a lot of people are simply not going to put their heating on.

Can't believe it's come to this.