[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Eligibility careers allowance query - Carers UK Forum

Eligibility careers allowance query

All about money
Hi all,
I've been awarded PIP enhanced care. I am also in receipt of ESA contribution based ( support group ). My husband doesn't receive any benefits - he's recently finished work to look after me and received a pension from his former employer.
We have claimed Carer allowance but the letter he has had says he is not entitled as I am in receipt of ESA inocme based. But I'm not, it's contribution based. We phoned them and they said ESA is a household income so they will need confirmation from the ESA section as to what I am receiving.
Does this sound right to you?
I have tried to ring ESA but cannot get through, I am definitely on ESA contribution based.
Thank you .

Don't make it easy do they :-???
Hello Worrywart

sorry but, personally, I can't answer your question - but as the old tv ad said "I know a man who can".

I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

0808 808 7777
advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.
If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.
Thank you susieq, I will give them a ring on Monday :)