[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DWP can't make up their minds - Carers UK Forum

DWP can't make up their minds

All about money
May 2012 I applied for ESA after a complete mental breakdown
Aug 2012 WCA
Jan 2013 ESA assesment rate stopped after 365 days if JSA/ESA
May 2013 Decision maker awarded 0 points
Reconsideration requested
Autumn 2013 decision remains unchanged by reconsideration
Tribunal requested
Jan 2014 tribunal awarded 18 points and WRAG
Requested full report of tribunal which I have yet to receive.
Today received letters from DWP and Jobcentre both saying I am in Support group and money backdated to May 2013 has been paid into my bank account.

Surely if I AM in Support group, my money should be backdated to the end if the 14 week assesment period at the Support group rate, ie back to Sept 2012.

I called them today and they say their records don't go back far enough, they offered to call me back, but I don't deal well with phone calls so requested they write to me instead.

If they've made a mistake, will I have to pay the money back? At the moment we've moved it into a savings account and shan't touch it untill they have confirmed I am due it.
I would tend to play canny, pay off debts first, have a nice meal and a bottle of wine to celebrate, and keep a bit of it for a rainy day. Once its in writing, it's yours in law. They do make mistakes, but they usually have to write them off because most people just spend it.