[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
carers allowance - Carers UK Forum

carers allowance

All about money
Hey everyone ,

Mum was awarded AA several months ago and as I look after her full time I also applied for carers allowance , filled form in etc and sent all relevant info with it , since then I've heard nothing , does anyone have any idea how long it takes from filling in form to receiving letter either confirming or rejecting decision ?

Thanks in advance

Ali
Hi Ali
I would have thought a delay of 5- 6 weeks was almost to be expected with DWP but any longer than that and I would suggest you contact them to see that they have all the necessary information. If you didn't give complete details and just phone numbers to check hospital stay dates etc then they may be waiting for further information. Definitely worth chasing them up if you applied several months ago.
I expect it's still being "processed". However, when finally awarded, it will be backdated to when you claimed.
Thanks for your replies , yes I think its worth chasing them up to see what the position is

Thanks everyone

Regards