[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DLA Fail - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

DLA Fail

All about money
They have job centre bounces now, they will just throw you out if you become a problem, well they did last time i was in one, that was in 2008.
When I went to our local office in connection with my OH's death, the "guard" was very aggressive and hostile to me, as I walked in the door. I hadn't even opened my mouth!!!
My OH died suddenly from a heart attack, so I was in a very vulnerable state, and came home wondering what on earth I'd done to deserve such treatment. The answer was, of course, absolutely nothing. Although he was just the "guard" he insisted on knowing exactly what I was doing there. I really wanted to discuss that in private with one of the advisers, not in front of everyone around! Not a good experience at all.
Yes I could always take him to the Jobcentre and see what happens. Actually, when PIP replaces DLA that's what would happen anyway as they assess you and then make you take whatever job they give you otherwise you lose all your benefits.
our local jobcentre asked a new Mum to leave,as she was breastfeeding her baby!
That's unfair on the mum. I'm sure baby would have yelled his head off if he was hungry and she didn't feed him. Heads you lose, tails you lose?
our local jobcentre asked a new Mum to leave,as she was breastfeeding her baby!
That really annoys me. It's ok to be wearing something which leaves nothing to the imagination, but discretely use them for what they are actually for and you're out! Image Image
I don't think the jobcentre will do it again though, as local midwives made a big fuss about it! Image
Good for them! Image
The job centre tried to do that to me 27 years ago - they told me I could go and breastfeed Rob in a public toilet. I asked them if they would want to eat their lunch in a public loo and carried on breastfeeding. I parked the pram in front of us so they wouldn't have seen anything anyway.

Eun