[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dla appeal yesterday, what next? - Carers UK Forum

dla appeal yesterday, what next?

All about money
I had to go to the courts in Chester yesterday to appeal the dwp’s decision with regards to my daughter’s dla being stopped back in June.

The appeal went in our favour and it was ruled that the dla should be reinstated until 2020. I got a bit emotional and didn’t really take anything in after the judge said it was to be reinstated.

I’ve just phoned dla to enquire about roughly how long it will take. But apparently it has to go back to a decision maker again and could take 6-8 weeks. The woman I spoke to actually seemed annoyed that I’d dared to phone and ask.

I’m not sure what happens next and was wondering if anyone can offer any advice please?
Not much out there ... DLA APPEAL WON AFTERMATH ... beyond what others have posted on various disability organisation / group forums ... SCOPE being one in particular.

For factual information , the Advice Now web site maybe your best option :

https://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-dla-appeal

I hope the above assists.

An after thought ... DLA ... change over to PIP scheduled ?
We won’t be changed over to pip yet as my daughter is only 2. She is epileptic and has frequent seizures that she has no triggers for, no pattern to and she can’t warn us as she’s currently under speech therapy as her speech is delayed
Hello Emmy, well done for fighting for your rights. However, I'm sure you now feel washed out, I know I did after a victory. Doesn't really feel like a victory at all in some respects, so be kind to yourself.
You have every right to ring up and ask "what happens next?".
DWP will backdate your daughter's claim from whenever you filled in the form, and you will probably be entitled to Carers Allowance if you are not working. Be sure to email our Carers UK advice service (email, the phone is always busy) so they can explain what full entitlement will mean.
Are you aware of the Family Fund?
Are you in touch with the Education Department yet? In my area there were services for "early years" children with special needs.
bowlingbun wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:57 pm
Hello Emmy, well done for fighting for your rights. However, I'm sure you now feel washed out, I know I did after a victory. Doesn't really feel like a victory at all in some respects, so be kind to yourself.
You have every right to ring up and ask "what happens next?".
DWP will backdate your daughter's claim from whenever you filled in the form, and you will probably be entitled to Carers Allowance if you are not working. Be sure to email our Carers UK advice service (email, the phone is always busy) so they can explain what full entitlement will mean.
Are you aware of the Family Fund?
Are you in touch with the Education Department yet? In my area there were services for "early years" children with special needs.
You’re right. It doesn’t really feel like a victory. It’s been such a battle and to be honest I’ve often felt like giving up. And then to be practically sneered at for admitting that I got emotional felt like the last straw. As soon as the judge said yesterday that they were ruling in our favour I started sobbing

We’ve got a carer’s support group down in town, so I’m going to make a trip down to them this week once everything has sunk in

I’m assuming the carers allowance won’t be able to be restarted until the dla is finally reinstated?