[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
benefits - Carers UK Forum

benefits

All about money
hi am new to group i have just given up a full time job to become a full time carer for my son who is 18 and just been awarded enhanced daily living and low mobility rate pip can i claim carers allowance straight away as well as income support and rent and council tax benefit he has been told he jas severe disability by his dr
Hi Robert and welcome.
I know you have to be caring for 35 hrs a week in order to claim, but having never claimed myself (too old) I'm fairly ignorant. However there's lots of info if you click on the red 'Help amd Advice' button at the top of the page and the help line (phone or e-mail) are the experts on all benefit related queries.
What are your son's problems?
KR
E.
Welcomt to the forum. Definitely ring the helpline, as it may be better for your son to claim most of the benefits, not you, due to some odd rules. Are you already claiming benefits for your son? Are you his DWP appointee?
I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

0808 808 7777
advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.

If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.