[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Disabled Going to College - Carers UK Forum

Disabled Going to College

All about money

Anyone been down this road? They are now supported learning for disabled people at college where you are assigned someone to give you extra help and assistance like pushing a wheelchair and extra tutoring.

Are your benefits affected by college funding? College can provide additional funding for house maintence and travel costs? Also, disabled people on PIP/DLA can apply for special support element, however unsure if thats with a student loan and you get special support allowance with it.

I'm in Scotland.

Hi Pipsy,

I recommend contacted the helpline
Our telephone helpline providing information is open on Mondays and Tuesdays between 10am and 4pm - 0808 808 7777 or advice@carersuk.org
or the Citizen's Advice Bureau https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/scotland/

You may be eligible for a higher amount of Maintenance Loan. Plus if you already claim Incapacity Benefit or Employment and Support Allowance, you may be able to carry on getting it as a student.

Advertising link in signature removed by moderator
I'm from Aberdeen. I'm planning to apply for a Postgraduate programme (my dissertation proposal will be on Bioarchaeological Science) at Aberdeen University in 2022. Whom should I contact with my questions about additional funding for disabled students?

you should contact student services or The Guild at Aberdeen University.