[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Daily Politics Show - Welfare debate May 5th - Carers UK Forum

Daily Politics Show - Welfare debate May 5th

All about money
Tuesday May 5th Daily Politics debate

BBC2 2pm

BBC News 8.30pm

Presenters Andrew Neil and Alison Holt

Participants -

Iain Duncan Smith Conservative

Rachel Reeves Labour

Steve Webb LibDems

Suzanne Evans UKIP

Jonathan Bartley Green Party
let's hope Andrew Neil puts IDS under severe pressure to answer for his crimes. The man is a Zealot that hates the poor, the vulnerable and the disabled and would quite happily eradicate these members of society.
That is my own opinion and not those of the makers of this forum.
Madfloyd
Hi,
In all the debates questions etc, no one has asked the big question too all the candidates as well as the heads of the parties. WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO FOR DISABILITIES IN WAY OF HELP AND ASSISTANCE? Sorry for the shouting, but it sort of annoys me. Nobody ever thinks of the disabled or the carer, the carer is the one that gets hurt through the rules as well as the disabled person.
Bye,
Bernard
Hello Bernard, I too note that no one ever mentions Carers or their Caree and benefits. We appear to be forgotten despite saving the taxpayer billions.

Hello Floyd, I totally agree with all you say here.

I watched question time last week and the only person that mentioned the worry and concerns of people with disabilities and Carers was Natalie Bennett. It was brief and the subject wasn't continued!

Then we had William Hague, stating that their party had created jobs to get people out of poverty when questioned about the rise in food banks and the amount of people who had to use them. George Osborne stated the same recently. This is all well and good but how do people cope until they do find work and get on their feet! This party quote numbers about people who are now employed but I am led to believe that many are zero hour contracts (casual labour) and jobs with little security. I like most know that debt has to be paid back but why off the backs of the most poor and vulnerable in our society who cannot fight back.