[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Council tax bill - Carers UK Forum

Council tax bill

All about money
We received 2013/14 council tax bill yesterday, for the full amount.
I duly telephoned to enquire, a very polite lady started on an obviously scripted draft of how now the changes have taken place everyone of working age in the borough, regardless of income, is expected to pay 20%. (there are a few exemptions)
I butted in and said 'my bill is for the full amount', she then turned into a normal person (instead of robot speech Image ) and apologised, telling me that a handfull of people have received the wrong bill, and she would get another sent out. Fair enough.

The thing that got me, was that our council has been big on letting everyone know about the council tax freeze for another year running, but very quiet about everyone having to pay something towards it.
20% works out around £20/month, not a huge amount, but for those on a very low income every penny counts.
Are all councils the same?
Will this have an adverse affect on anyone here?
our bill was wrong and found out when I rang them
Mine is 30 a month, I phoned and it is the correct amount. X
i got mine last week and dont have to pay anything until i start work
Me and mum got ours its £157 for the year, I've decided to pay it weekly as it then comes in at £2.67 a week x