[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Overpayment.........sneaky tactics - Carers UK Forum

Overpayment.........sneaky tactics

All about money
Seems a bit sneakt this one, friend is a long term carer for his wife, only entitlement he has is carers allowance, letter received this morning saying he had been overpaid by 3 weeks CA in the last 12 months, they want the overpayment back within the next 4 weeks............BUT before the letter had even arrived this morning the debt had been passed over to a debt collection agency.............seems a bit sneaky to me.
Thats very sneaky and just shows how underahdn the government bodies are! I was overpaid Carers a few years back and I paid it back at £5 a week
Personally I'd make a formal complaint to the DWP. I can't imagine how an overpayment arose in the first place, their incompetence? Secondly, they should allow a reasonable length of time to allow discussions to take place before handing it over to a debt agency.