[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Council Tax - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Council Tax

All about money
Yeah but the money we save these councils by being carers is unreal the cost of care for my daughter is £160000.00 per year and let me tell you I don't get that.
From what I can make out from the bill it's because my daughter gets ESA so with this and the rent she has to pay one third of her benefits every week goes on rent and council tax to the stupid council.
Yes, I've often wondered what the commercial cost of my 24/7/365 care for my wife would add up to.
We got a council tax statement last week and under the amount to pay it said 0
I have just had an annual bill of £250 under the new system whereas i had previously been paying £0. The council literature blames the government, and the government says it is up to councils.
For the first time in 7 years of caring i am now asking for a carers assessment and will get some help. I always felt a bit apprehensive about taking services whilst not contributing, but if they are going to put their hands in my pocket then i fully intend to hold them to their responsibilities.
Newt
I have just had an annual bill of £250 under the new system whereas i had previously been paying £0. The council literature blames the government, and the government says it is up to councils.
For the first time in 7 years of caring i am now asking for a carers assessment and will get some help. I always felt a bit apprehensive about taking services whilst not contributing, but if they are going to put their hands in my pocket then i fully intend to hold them to their responsibilities.
Newt
That's an interesting way of looking at it.
I had a council tax inspector at my house today and she said because my house was modified I could claim a disabled allowance so I said will it reduce my bill she no ??????i said we'll what's the point of a benefit if there is no one receiving it....... She just shrugged her shoulders.
Perhaps the council should look at sacking such useless officials and use the money saved to give reductions to disabled people?!
we have managed to find out about a reduction one because we had bathroom modified for my husbands needs so filled a form in for that and one for myself because I have a mental impairment the chap was really helpful said we would get a discount or not pay it at all even though changes have been made that you have to pay some
Brilliant news Tracie, thanks for sharing.