[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Coronavirus - should carers allowance be increase - Carers UK Forum

Coronavirus - should carers allowance be increase

All about money
Should the Government consider an increase to carers allowance. As many more carers now will be at home full time. Possibly unable to get others to help with caring duties. If getting nice food might be the only enjoyment. At least they could choose some nice luxury goods. Once the over purchasing hopefully dies down. Some pampering items etc.
Yes, put it up to the Minimum Wage and leave it there when the virus problem is over.
Everyone else can choose what they do, not us!
There has been mention of carers. Or have I missed it. Carers are also helping to keep the vulnerable out of hospital. As they delivery quality care. Surely, we are also front line staff.
Coronavirus - should carers allowance be increased?
Makes not one jot of difference to me, (or anyone else receiving their State Pension).
Well I'm a waspi women and can't get that one either.
sunnydisposition wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:32 pm
Well I'm a waspi women and can't get that one either.
Same boat as my mother, waspi (widow), living in residential care now but having to claim UC.
It is disgusting.
I suspect this will be a further impact to these women. And they will still say can't afford to pay them.
Carers have been ignored, as usual

Government are paying workers who have to stay at home now money for doing nothing.

But carers are working more hours than before and get paid nothing .

I have both young people at home now for three months at least.

I dont count carers allowance in that as it's so minimal

Carers have been losing out financially for years.
I don't get a penny carers allowance, I am long term sickness benefit, i am a carer but not allowed carers allowance, a clashing benefit.
You cannot be ill and a carer, I am.
I'm a pensioner, I don't get it, neither to under 18 carers, student carers, or those earning £125 a week.
There's no sick pay, no guaranteed time off either.
It is the only work where you lose entitledment to your pay for the job if you take a second one earning over £123 a week.