[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
one off private pension payment and carer's allowance - Carers UK Forum

one off private pension payment and carer's allowance

All about money
Hi there

I've been caring for my T9/T10 paraplegic partner for 20 years and have claimed Carer's Allowance for the entire period.
I have a private pension that is due to mature later this year.
I can opt to take the 25% tax free no problem but, as it's a small pension, the company will want me to also take the remaining 75% taxable pension from the pot, as a one off payment.
This will take me over the weekly earnings limit in order to claim Carer's Allowance in 2021-2022 tax year.
Will this one-off payment affect my carer's allowance entitlement?
I am below the retirement age by 12 years.

Thanks
Occupational or personal pensions do not count as earnings and you can be paid Carer's Allowance in addition to these. ... If you do receive taxable income such as occupational or personal pensions or part-time earnings you should inform the tax office about your Carer's Allowance, because it is a taxable benefit.

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... %20benefit.