Confused can anyone help

For information and discussion about benefits
Hi Guys my 16 year old has decided to stay on at School, Today we got a letter informing us he is still entitled to Child Benefit just sign and send it back the problem is he receives PIP and we were sure because of this he would no longer receive child benefit or child tax credits can anyone clear this up for me
I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

Freephone: 0808 808 7777
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.

If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.
Definitely ring or email the helpline asap, because you son may be entitled to much more than you realise, because the rules are different if you are claiming PIP. My son, now 38, received adult rates of Income Support when he was 16 although he was in a boarding school funded by the LA. Seemed so bizarre that I checked repeatedly, but was assured it was right. I don't know if the rules still apply, but the helpline will advise you - DWP helplines are useless from my experience.

If you are also claiming benefits, there are implications for your benefits too, that's why it's so important to speak to the helpline.
Are you the DWP Appointee for your son? It's really important that he understands the money is not all his to spend as he wants, it's for his board and lodging.
(I've known parents who have ended up with huge problems when their child has gone into supported living and they have to use their benefits for what they were intended for, not just frittering it away on games and clothes!!)
Maybe your Library has up to date benefits books in the Reference section.
Secondly, CAB have extensive details

Child Poverty Action group CPAG also have comprehensive manuals
I think that Child Benefit is what they call a Universal benefit. So if you qualify, it cannot normally be taken away from you, that's my opinion