[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Conflicting advice on Carer's premium on income support. - Carers UK Forum

Conflicting advice on Carer's premium on income support.

All about money
My wife and I are both disabled and both get the enhanced rates for Mobility and Care.

I was claiming Carer's benefit when we had to start claiming income support and it continues to be paid but, of course it is deducted £ for £ from our IS total including Carer's premium.

My wife does not get the Carer's premium for the care she provides for me.

We live symbiotically and neither of us could survive without the other and the care they provide.

I have been told by one large charity that we should be getting the Carer's premium on income support for my wife as well as the Carer's benefit for myself. BUT another organisation has told me that both of us claiming Carer's benefits could affect our income adversely (from memory I thing SDA was mentioned).

Can someone give me definitive advice, before I muck everything up?

Thanks for your help,

Jon

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that its stupid. - Albert Einstein
Hi Jon .... welcome to the canteen.

A holding reply until the calvary arrives ... very quiet on here so far this month.

First step ... an online benefits calculator to see what there is out there :

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/

Universal Credit ( UC ) ... rolled out on your manor ?

Will almost certainly apply if income based benefits are currently payable.

UC postcode checker :

https://ucpostcode.entitledto.co.uk/ucdate

Some " Old money " benefits disappear under UC.

Carers Premium ?

The first link SHOULD provide the answer.

DLA ... I assume under retirement age and not yet been transferred across to PIP ?

Protocooperation ... lovely word ... over a 100 on scrabble ... each part depending on the other to live / survive.

Once the results are known , feel free to bounce anything off us on this forum.

For instance , Assessments ... Needs and Carer ... support services ... housing / energy / age related concerns etc.