[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable


All about money
Am really confused with the way my new employer treated me really bad, in regards to my salary, training and induction.
I was asked to make payment of £50 for the DB'S, which I did and they ask me to signed £8.50 per rate, after which they sent employment confirmation of £10 because I asked them the rate of one to one with service user's home permanently.
Unfortunately, the service user's brother rejected me after my first day and I heard from them beforehand that he is so selective with carers and may.

I worked for 12hrs at the rate of £10; I did 17hrs shadow and 10hrs training and am still on their waiting list

During the recruiting procedures, I signed a form, which stated that, staff receives salary on the 5th of every month and unfortunately, 5th has passed and I was not paid, even till now. I called them and i was told that am not entitled to anything, but they can try and pay me only the salary.

Is that how things work in the care home? the place is a reserve area and taxi to and fro is £12 and child’s care for children for the 5 days with them was also paid. This really break my heart. what can i do?
Completely new one on me.

Perhaps as this forum is for family / kinship carers ... and not paid care workers ... is the answer ?

Some forum members do balance caring with paid employment ... some in the care industry.

A chance one of them might be able to assist ?

Failing that , what has your union have to say for itself ?
I regret that we are unable to answer your questions relating to your employment - Carers UK is a charity set up to support and advise those caring for friends and/or family in an unpaid, non-professional capacity.

As Chris from the Gulag suggests you would be best directing your queries to either your local Citizens Advice Bureau or your union.