[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CHC Funding - Carers UK Forum

CHC Funding

All about money
My Mum has recently moved into a nursing home. She has been awarded CHC funding. As Mum is not self-funding will it make any difference to her or is it just NHS paying for her care instead of LA?. At the moment Mum just pays all her State & private pensions less approx. £25 per week, so does anything change?
Hi Linda ... the answer to your question can be found in the ( New ) main CHC thread ... at the top of the ALL ABOUT CARING section :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... inks-32532

I recommend the Age Concern fact sheet under the section heading BIBLES.

Index spilt across pages 2 and 3.

Also the TOP UP FEES section may be of interest here.

Thanks both for your replies. Honey Badger, the assessement has been done, Mum seemed to get CHC Funding quite easily!! But I think LA are contributing as well, I thought it was just paid by NHS, I'm not being asked for top-ups at all, so lucky in that respect.
Chris, I'm reading through the CHC links but so far haven't found info I want, will keep looking,
Thanks Linda ... it would appear the finance sections will be of assistance IF your caree is adding to whatever funding ... especially if CHC is now available.

Whether the same criteria can be applied to the existing care through the nursing home , I will leave that for others to add their input.