[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Changes to criteria for Blue Badges - Carers UK Forum

Changes to criteria for Blue Badges

All about money
Now that DLA has changed to PIP which has a different criteria meaning many people who qualified no longer do ,what happens to the blue badges the criteria for the mobility part higher level and blue badges used to be the same now that many people whose condition hasn't changed no longer qualify for benefit but could they qualify for a blue badge still.I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about this or if this has not been considered yet
Regards Julie
My daughter doesnt get the mobility part of DLA which I disagree with as I think she should, but she gets a blue badge, no idea what happens with PIP all I can say is I am dreading it
Hello Julie,

Our local council has the criteria on their website; some is linked to the type/level of benefit that you receive and then they have a sort of discretionary part where you can get a blue badge if you don't receive the relevant benefit. I don't know whether the discretionary part is the same nationally or if different councils set their own criteria but it might be worth contacting you council or looking on their website to see what they have?
My Mum didn't receive any benefits except for Attendance Allowance, her Blue Badge was issued by the local council and they were only interested in her lack of mobility which was confirmed by her GP.
Thanks. Susieq the care part of DLA was the same criteria as attendance allowance but they don't allow the mobility part for the over sixty fives who qualify for attendance allowance although they can still apply for a blue badge which is rather unfair I suppose they think too many older people would qualify and it would be too expensive.Under sixtyfives used to be advised to apply for the mobility part of DLA instead of a blue badge because they would automatically qualify for a blue badge if they were awarded the higher rate of mobility DLA and it occurred to me that if a lot of people were loosing their benefit because the new criteria of PIP means they are no longer entitled to benefit they might still qualify for a blue badge if that still uses the old criteria.Mum who cares I think the discretionary part is for the over sixtyfives who cannot get DLA mobility but I think they may be a little less strict about the criteria for older people because the cannot claim the extra benefit,and Nilla I think someone has made a mistake with your daughter if she qualify s for a blue badge.