[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The Tories are callously redefining what it means to be sick - Carers UK Forum

The Tories are callously redefining what it means to be sick

All about money
By cutting disability and sickness benefits the Conservatives’ welfare bill will worsen the lives of people who have little chance of finding another source of income

Two moments over the past fortnight provide an insight into what this government thinks it means to be sick, or a disabled or unemployed person.

One of those is the Conservatives’ welfare bill. Under the proposed legislation, future disabled and chronically ill claimants in the employment and support allowance’s (ESA) work-related activity group will see their benefit cut to the rate of jobseeker’s allowance (JSA). That means people with Parkinson’s or multiple sclerosis losing £30 a week.

The other moment came via David Cameron’s official spokeswoman when she confirmed that the prime minister was looking at the idea of making workers pay into flexible saving accounts to fund their own sick pay (as well as unemployment benefit). Iain Duncan Smith is said to be “very keen” to debate this. “The PM shares the work and pensions secretary’s view that we should be doing more to encourage people to take personal responsibility,” the spokeswoman added.
read in full here
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... are_btn_fb

x x
Workhouse opening soon near you!
I really worry about my son's future. Brain damaged at birth (not told for 8 years, no chance of compensation as nothing written on the notes for hours!!) he cannot read, write, or do any maths. He needs lots of support, more than I can give.