[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Irregular earner claiming CA - still waiting for payment. - Carers UK Forum

Irregular earner claiming CA - still waiting for payment.

All about money
I have been claiming Carers Allowance for nearly a year now for caring for my little brother. When I first applied I had done some cover for an ill coworker so for one month my earnings was above the threshold, as a result I was classed as an irregular earner. I now send DWP my payslips every three months along with a form. The first two times I did this without any trouble and received the payment within 3-4 weeks. This time around (claiming for January, February, March) however it has been 10 weeks since I sent my payslips and it has apparently been with the 'decision maker' for at least 5 weeks. I'm really starting to get worried as money is really tight and all I am being told is that there is a backlog and they don't know how long that will be. I haven't even received the form for April, May and June which I should be sending away at the end of this month which will delay things even further. I don't know what to do. Is anyone else stuck in this backlog? I'm worried that they have actually lost my claim form but I don't know how to tackle that with them. I have gone nearly 6 months since my last payment. Any help would be wonderful, I'm living pay cheque to pay cheque and have been borrowing money from family to get by and I'm at the end of my tether.
This seems exceptional and by all means keep chasing them up.
Generally it is best for irregular earners to find some way of keeping their CA and not dipping in and out of it: this can be achieved by studying the rules carefully, claiming for all care costs and deductions, and then making irregular payments into a private pension plan, of which 50% are deductible as expenses, thereby keeping your average earnings under the critical £110 per week.
You can get to choose the 'average period' as well, in some circumstances, and this also helps.
Hi sorry to push in But I was put on irregular earnings and now I have to send in wage slips every 3 months before I may get paid . can any one tell me how long you stay on this I keep below the limit thank you.
I have sent in last 3 months wage slips and not a penny off them yet........I shan't chase it until a bit nearer my holiday and then with a bit a luck they might send me the money to pay for it. Not had anything since mid April.