[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
From working full time to part time & caring - Carers UK Forum

From working full time to part time & caring

All about money
Hi, new here and looking for some help!

I currently work full time but I am struggling to juggle caring and working, I am at a point where I need to look at reducing work to part time so that I am able to do this.

I have tried using benefits calculators but it's all very confusing...

My partner currently receives PIP both elements, and ESA support group contributory based. We have a mortgage and we have no dependents.

I am now in an area that has universal credit.

My question is that if I was to reduce my work to part time would my partner still receive his benefits or would these be reduced off the amount of universal credit we receive??

xxxxx
Hi Rachael.

In the absence of a definitive answer from an Online Benefits calculator , one for the Carers UK Advice Team ... best by email :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... line-24147

So many mines inside UC
... many still to be mapped.

What is fed into UC by way of old money benefits often comes out after UC has taken a bit off ... sometimes a whole chunk.

Employment ?

Any chance of " Marshalling " income to stay within that £ 120 limit ?

Budget shortly ... hotly tipped that a taper will be introduced ... at sometime in the near future.

Mortgage ?

Now caught by the dreaded " Loan under UC " change ?

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... 0interesty
What help is your partner currently getting from Social Services?
When did he last have a Needs Assessment from Social Services?
When did you last have a Carers Assessment from Social Services?

They are supposed to SUPPORT workers who are also carers to stay in work, so before you make any decisions, get these done first.

How old are you, and your partner? What is the nature of his disability?
They are supposed to SUPPORT workers who are also carers to stay in work, so before you make any decisions, get these done first.

Trouble is ... comes at a price ... for many , £ 15 per hour minimum.

Most LAs have cut support services back beyond the bone ... they exist ... on many manors , on paper only.

Minimum wage ... three hours worked to pay for one hour of care ?

Do that and there can be a knock on effect of reducing any income benefits claimed.

Even more fun if on a zero hours contract and caught by Universal Credit !

Then there's that taper if also claiming CA ... marshalling via private pensions does not increase immediate income.

So much for trying to juggle working with caring ... on a low wage.