Hi Ashley, What I would do is ask at your Council one stop shop about the council tax. Where I live carers are disregarded for council tax purposes. So they don't have to pay anything. I don't know if all councils operate the same, so you are best asking them.
Also regarding homes and inheritance tax this has changed and theres an additional allowance now called the main residence nil rate band.Just google it if you want more details.