Carers Allowance and Study

All about money
Hello

Im wondering if anyone had an experiences or can offer some advice. I have tried to get through the advice line but not being successful.

I am due to start college in September. It is classed as a full time course but is over 3 days and it is 18 hours supervised study. Will I still be able to claim Carers Allowance?
Hi Teri,

Sorry to hear you've not been successful getting through to the Carers UK Adviceline - we get a huge volume of calls and unfortunately that does mean it can be hard to get through. However, you can email us at anytime at advice@carersuk.org, and you'll get a response within five working days.

We do have some information about who can claim Carer's Allowance (and in particular the criteria around education) on our website: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... -allowance

However, as you'll see the rules around Carer's Allowance and education are very complicated so do contact the Carers UK Adviceline to talk it through with an expert. I would suggest sending them an email to advice@carersuk.org, then if you want you can continue trying to get through on the phone tomorrow - the lines are open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm.

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Kate
Hi Teri
When you get to college, make sure you let your personal tutor (or programme/course leader) know that you are a carer. If you have any difficulties with attendance or submission deadlines, due to your caring responsibilities, keep this tutor informed as he/she who will guide you through the institution's regulations and advocate for you.
Good luck with your studies!
Juggler
x