[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers allowance - Carers UK Forum

Carers allowance

All about money
Has anyone been refused carers allowance on the basis of being a full time student?
I have been rejected but look after my mum full time and travel to university and home because I only 8 hours of lectures a week and my mum needs my assistance to do everything from washing, dressing and preparing meals
This subject comes up quite often !

Unfortunately, as the rules stand, students in full time education cannot claim Carers Allowance

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... -allowance
Can you claim Carer's Allowance?
Not every carer can get this benefit. You may be eligible for Carer's Allowance if you meet all the following conditions:

you look after someone who gets a qualifying disability benefit
you look after that person for at least 35 hours a week (during Covid19, providing emotional support counts toward this)
you are aged 16 or over
you are not in full-time education
you don’t earn over £128 a week (after deductions)
you satisfy UK presence and residence conditions
You are not in full-time education

The meaning of 'full-time education' is complicated and may depend on a number of factors including the type of course you are doing.

Your course is likely to be considered 'full-time' if:

your university, school or college describe the course as fulltime (however some courses classed as ‘full-time’ may in fact not be classed as ‘full-time’ by the Carer’s Allowance Unit if the supervised study required for the course is for less than 21 hours a week; or
you are required to do 21 hours a week or more of study (even if your university, school or college does not describe your course as full-time)
If you are in full-time education you also won’t be able to get Carer’s Allowance during temporary absences from your course including holiday periods.

Note: You can find more information about this in our Carer's Allowance factsheet.
Sorry to jump in, I have a question that I can't figure out.

Can you earn Universal Credit and Carers allowance while earning under £100 a week ?

I care for someone full time and can't work out what I'm entitled too
Dennis_2006 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:46 pm
Sorry to jump in, I have a question that I can't figure out.

Can you earn Universal Credit and Carers allowance while earning under £100 a week ?

I care for someone full time and can't work out what I'm entitled too
Do a benefits calculator...

https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators