[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers allowance...? - Carers UK Forum

Carers allowance...?

All about money
BBC Parliament Health questions
Question Time.
Jeremy Hunt chooses not to answer Barbara Keeley Labour MP's question about the threat to carers allowance with eligibility changes. Can carers now take this non response by Hunt as confirmation that the carers allowance will be a target?
I don't think we can assume anything: this government has a slim majority and already appears to be backing down on some of their more controversial proposals - mainly to keep their backbenchers happy. Carers get cross-party support, and the potential savings of for example means-testing CA, are probably rather marginal and are likely to hit Tory constituencies more than Labour ones.
I hope so Scally.
I just wish this wretched government would stop this silly nonsense. Us carers are saving the government billions. !! This realy make me savage. Regards Amandah
Now I'm a pensioner I don't get snything at all!!!
Isn't it ridiculous bowlingbun.
Scally wrote:I don't think we can assume anything: this government has a slim majority and already appears to be backing down on some of their more controversial proposals - mainly to keep their backbenchers happy. Carers get cross-party support, and the potential savings of for example means-testing CA, are probably rather marginal and are likely to hit Tory constituencies more than Labour ones.
Given that there are about 100 more Conservative than Labour MPs,that's a pretty safe bet.
But according to carers uk us carers are costing the country money.... Personally I think that is bull do dos my husband and I alone SAVE the country tens of thousands of pounds in care costs alone!

Eun
I have been looking after hubby for sixteen years but by the time I realised that that meant I was a Carer, I reached pension age - so I have never had CA.