[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers allowance 2013 rates - Page 2 -Carers UK Forum

Carers allowance 2013 rates

All about money
Hi Happy New Year to everyone. I suppose we must be thankful, that we dont live in the EU as I have close Friends in Greece. She has two young children, also a Disabled Mother, and has to work all hours. No joke. But I fear one day we might have the same system,its put up or shut up at work. And she does not get a single penny to help look after her parents. What a huge mess. regards amandah
But if the care workers are self-employed they can command over £100 a day. We used to pay that. That's why so many of them are actually leaving the agencies, cos they can earn more money going it alone. Even though they don't get hols pay or sick pay, their wages are still more.

Why are they putting CA up to £59.75, couldn't they just push it a bit more to round it up to a better £60?
I have received my letter from the DWS informing me that because the CA is going up that they are going to reduce my income support payment by the same amount.
I thought this would happen - however after the initial WHAT!! I re-read the letter and they are only doing it for a week then it will go back to the regular payment I am receiving now.
Why?? I ask, maybe to keep someone in a job.
Yippee I am better off by just over a pound a week - celebration time - what can I spend it on ???
Before April when all this happens I am expecting an influx of letters informing of all that can and has been said in one letter. At least they are keeping Royal Mail going.

Has anyone else had this??

Kiwigaz
I have received my letter from the DWS informing me that because the CA is going up that they are going to reduce my income support payment by the same amount.
I thought this would happen - however after the initial WHAT!! I re-read the letter and they are only doing it for a week then it will go back to the regular payment I am receiving now.
Why?? I ask, maybe to keep someone in a job.
Yippee I am better off by just over a pound a week - celebration time - what can I spend it on ???
Before April when all this happens I am expecting an influx of letters informing of all that can and has been said in one letter. At least they are keeping Royal Mail going.

Has anyone else had this??

Kiwigaz
Yep we get one each year, give with one hand take with the other, or should i say give with one hand and take a lot more with the other hand. Image
Hi We must not over spend our carers allowance!!! This wretched country really makes me sick. I have been a carer for many many years, and my Husband is now on a very low pension. I am lucky to have savings, he doesnt at all. As he cant work, I have to care for him and gee I am dreading what will happen next. This government need to wake up. Regards Amandah
I've just done the Carers survey about financial responsibilities and worked out that I'm about £29000 a year worse off as a carer. Of course I am disgusted at the pittance that carer's receive, but on the other hand, having shocked myself at how much income I've lost, I'm proud of myself for still having a roof over my head! Although it is pretty darn cold under this roof as I now wear a thermal vest, 2 or 3 layers of clothing and spend most of my time draped in a £7.99 fleece throw as I can't afford to have my heating on for more than about 3 hours a day. I always try NOT to complain but I do feel this is the one place I CAN complain - I thought my middle aged and subsequent retirement years were going to be filled with all the things I promised myself I would do when I had the time, and which I spent years saving from my income to pay for. Now my savings have gone, I am reliant on benefits, my physical and mental health have dramatically deteriorated and I am too broke, too old and too worn out to do any of them even if I stopped being a carer today. Image
I think that just about sums it all up ladybird
I thought my middle aged and subsequent retirement years were going to be filled with all the things I promised myself I would do when I had the time, and which I spent years saving from my income to pay for. Now my savings have gone, I am reliant on benefits,
That about covers it Image
I have been a carer for many years. I used to look after my late Father, for 7 and a half years, had no help at all, he was a drinker and life was very awkward. Anyway now caring for my Hubby. But again its not easy, as he cant work, he has no savings. I have a private income but its not that big, and yes we are struggling. I am exhausted all the time. We like doing things together . But the rates are pathetic, esp with the rising costs of food 7 fuel bills. Regards Amandah
I have only just registered (registering?) as a carer. Really unsure if I am entitled to any benefits as a carer, have downloaded the 'carers rights guide' from this forum which is a useful read.

We are getting ESA benefit of around £71 a week which helps. I am getting some irregular casual work but rarely more than £100 a week. Applying for housing + council tax benefits but that is a long and slow process. Her prescriptions are now free as we are in receipt of ESA so that has helped somewhat.

My wife has Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) and struggles to leave the house. So our travel costs are doubled as I take her to medical appointments. On bad days it is necessary to get a taxi there and sometime back too.

This means each visit to the Community Mental Health Team or GP can cost £5.20 or up to £20 each time. It might not sound a lot but it is a large % of our income.