[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers allowance 2013 rates - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Carers allowance 2013 rates

All about money
I think you should be eligable for carers allowance too, Badgers, but Im unsure of the exact criteria.
I think you should be eligable for carers allowance too, Badgers, but Im unsure of the exact criteria.
The criteria is difficult to establish Image

I am trying to work all this out while caring, job hunting, managing fast failing finances and running a home. Wasted the whole afternoon today at the local carers offices trying to sort it out and achieved nothing or spoke to anyone who knew.

If its all very unclear, Id recommend that you phone carersUK. They are very good with benefits advice.
If its all very unclear, Id recommend that you phone carersUK. They are very good with benefits advice.
Cheers crocus. I have emailed them as these 0808 numbers are killing my mobile phone budget and I can't find a working phone-box anywhere near me Image Hopefully they will email or call back, otherwise I will trek off and try and borrow a land-line or find a working phone-box somewhere. Just not really a call I want to make from a London phone box but perhaps needs must.
They usually get back to you by email, but it might take them a couples of days to do so.
They usually get back to you by email, but it might take them a couples of days to do so.
I can cope with a couple of days. We have no appointments for a week luckily.

As our ESA was backdated to October 2012 I am thinking about looking at trying to backdate some claims. Feel a bit like a free-loader even asking but a lot of the prescription/travel costs we have incurred have helped put us in the bad financial situation we are in now.
The good news is that we have been given Housing & Council Tax benefits. That takes some pressure off us until I can pick up some better paying (hopefully flexible) work.

Lambeth Carers Hub (http://carershub.org.uk/) also called me yesterday, and I am meeting with them at their monthly coffee morning on the 27th of February for more of a chat.