[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carer's Flexible Break Allowance Slough - Carers UK Forum

Carer's Flexible Break Allowance Slough

All about money
Hi all, I'm the full time carer for my 6yr old and I am really struggling with getting help in Slough.
We approached the Slough Borough council last year for a Named Social Worker for my daughter and after almost 8-9 months of assessments we were told NO FURTHER ACTION NEEDED.. I was unhappy with the outcome as clearly my daughter has severe physical disability and our house is not even adapted for her disability.
I approached the Social services and was told that they would contact me to Reassess me and my family again.
All I need is help with Direct payments for my daughter and to be able to get the Flexible Respite funds for myself so I can take a break however after having gone on the Slough council's site they have no such link or information as to where to go and who to approach for any help... please help me.
thanks
Dear A

Have you asked your GP or hospital consultant to do a referral for your daughter? It seems crazy that you're being turned down.

My son is the same age as your daughter, so I know how tough life can be. We've been 'lucky' in that my son's medical condition means that we have always received support through the health service, and have only recently started getting direct payments.

I really hope you have some luck getting the medics to push things for you.

Keep posting if you need support or advice. All the best.

Emma