Carer's Allowance Supplement Payment SCOTLAND

All about money
Hello,

Has anyone had there first payment of £221 for carers allowance supplement in Scotland? Letters have been getting sent out from 10th September but I have not had anything yet?
Latest report on another thread is the only update available as I type :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/social-a ... 7?start=10
New payments for carers will start from this month.

Motherwell and Wishaw MSP Clare Adamson has welcomed the news that carers in North Lanarkshire will receive the first payments of the new Carer’s Allowance Supplement this month and they will be back-dated to April.

This new benefit will be paid twice a year by Social Security Scotland, the first major new public service to be created since devolution.

Eligible carers will get a supplementary payment of £221, equivalent of an extra £8.50 per week, an increase of 13 per cent on Carer’s Allowance from the Department of Work and Pensions.

The Carer’s Allowance Supplement is worth more than £30 million a year and will benefit 6308 people in North Lanarkshire.

Carers are receiving letters from Social Security Scotland from this week so that they know in advance to expect a payment.

Ms Adamson said: “This roll out of the Carer’s Allowance Supplement marks the beginning of a bright new chapter in Scottish public service.

“The SNP is committed to delivering a fairer system for social security: one that affords carers the dignity and respect they are due as a result of their selfless dedication.

“We appreciate the contribution carers make to our society and we have always advocated that Carer’s Allowance should be the same rate as Jobseeker’s Allowance.

“It follows that the new powers over social security mean that we can make this a reality and put more money into the pockets of carers as a thank you for their tireless efforts.”

Said thread is worth reading ... if you haven't done so already ?

A pay rise on paper only ... still leaves all carers who can actually claim CA short of what they received some 38 years ago !
i find it funny people get so excited over £8.50 a week ..
i have had fools knocking on my door stating the scottish government as from this month are paying the ENTIRE carers allowance , and when i correct them that it is just a "" top up "" and that the UK government is in fact still paying carers allowance AND income support with no cuts ,, i get told to shut my mouth or they will shut it for me .... or i am a 2 faced liar.

we even had someone this morning at the door claiming carers in scotland can provide ANY amount of care for as little as 20 mins a week and they will be entitled to the new carers allowance. again when i correct them i get verbal abuse that i am wrong. they then tried to tell us the increase will allow carers to own there own homes / pay rent , buy a car ... WOW can do all of that on £8.50 ???

I have had no letter to date .

i have also been told if you did NOT get a payment on their qualifying date you were not entitled to the top up .
and i believe i read something some where that said some letters will be sent from the 13th and 75,000 carers would be paid the money this month but some would not get payment until next month , and some maybe later depending on their circumstances.
You gotta let me know where these 'fools' are mate I'd LOVE them try 'shutting my mouth'..... :evil:
I received my letter yesterday. My payment was authorised on the 18th September and I was told I'd receive it within two weeks.

When I phoned up to ask earlier, I was told it was a geographical rollout and that each region would be dealt with separately.
Thanks for letting us know you got your letter. I am still waiting for mine. Did the letter have a date for payment?
Hi I'm Edinburgh and I haven't received any letter as of yet. My only concern is as I lived in England before moving to Scotland have been here over 2 years I'm wandering if I will actually receive mine atall.
the bumph on their site states ,,,

as long as you live in Scotland and you get a carers allowance payment on the qualifying date 16th April , you will get a payment of the carers premium . the person you care for does not have to live in Scotland.

but if you did not get a carers allowance payment on the 16th April you will NOT get a payment of carers premium .

so you should get the payment Kellie
Hi i got a letter on Friday saying payment was authorised on the 18th September, payment was in bank 2day along with usual payment
Hi Anne thanks for letting us know. I have still not had anything yet but nice to see letters are starting to make there way out :D