[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carer Breaks - Carers UK Forum

Carer Breaks

All about money
I had an e-mail to let me know that our local Making Space will no longer be providing Carer Breaks.
This is due to the council cut backs.
Yet another kick in the teeth.
They had only restructured it all last year, allowing you to choose your own break and they would organise/pay for it for you. Perfect for me as I couldn't attend the structured day time events, but did enjoy my theatre nights.
Gutted, nothing to look forward to now.
We couldn;t get a carers break anyway as nowhere for disabled son to go, so 24/7 caring it is for us then.

Eun
Thats so wrong Eun, everybody deserves a break x
I consider myself very lucky that my kids (older teens) will stay with their Dad so I can have a few hours out, but when money is tight it's not always easy.
The Carer breaks meant I didn't have to worry about finances and even though they were only twice a year, it was nice to sit and enjoy a meal and a show in peace.
xx
Hi there have you tried talking with your GP? This is what they are meant to help you with! Or how about talking to your social worker for your son or even do you have a care manager?We all need a break away from things including you. Regards amandah