[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Help with Car - Carers UK Forum

Help with Car

All about money
I don't know if this is the right place to ask about this, but here goes. I have 3 young people on the autistic spectrum, we live in a rural location with no bus services and currently we have one car, which I share with my husband. We did have 2 cars, but with neither of us working any longer it was costing us more than we could afford to run them both. Then we had major problems with our main car and had to sell it back to the dealer as the cost of repairs was gastronomical. We were told could apply for help with getting another car, which would be great, but is this correct? On occasions I have had to cancel appointments because the car was not available.

Gilli
If the rules are the same in NI as in the rest of the UK you could apply for a Motability car if a member of your family was in receipt of DLA / PIP with enhanced rate mobility.
The DLA seems to work differently here as we have a higher and a lower rate of mobility. All three of my care-ees are on the lower rate, but the eldest has been waiting to get an MRI scan done as she has problems with her legs.

I'll maybe check with Carers UK locally.

Gilli