[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Caree's Universal Credit - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Caree's Universal Credit

All about money
Yes, well done Melly.

My daughter’s boyfriend is on UC which tops up his wages. It has been very good overall but he could never manage it on his own. I had to go into the Job Centre with him and they agreed that I could be his appointee as he doesn’t have a computer and couldn’t use it if he had as his reading and writing skills are very poor.

On several occasions he has had to go into the Jobcentre and and they have said “go over there and use the computer.” When he says he can’t they say “well just try.” Some of the staff in there need a lot more training in working with people with special needs.
They certainly do, Penny. He is lucky to have you acting on his behalf.

Melly1
Melly1 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:07 am
They certainly do, Penny. He is lucky to have you acting on his behalf.

Melly1
It concerns me that a lot of people don’t have anybody looking out for them and I wonder how many people like this are missing out.
Exactly.

Melly1