[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
can I take a college course? - Carers UK Forum

can I take a college course?

All about money
I have been thinking about taking a college course but ive been told il loose my carers allowance if i do. Some people say its ok others not at all. Need advice please?! Thank you
It all depends on the number of hours study, and whether it's classed as full or part time. Ring/email the Carers UK helpline as this is such an important issue. You don't want to get excited and then find you are then disappointed. I did a part time degree and was still entitled to CA, but that was about 20 years ago, so the rules may be slightly different now.
Hello, I'm planning to take up an online course (it will last approximately 150-170 hours). Can they take off my carers allowance? Is there any difference in the rules for part-time and full-time courses (it's indicated that the course is full-time)? I need to decide fast, because the application deadline is approaching.
Arthurnotking wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:59 am
Hello, I'm planning to take up an online course (it will last approximately 150-170 hours). Can they take off my carers allowance? Is there any difference in the rules for part-time and full-time courses (it's indicated that I need to write my essay fast to apply and the course is full-time)? I need to decide now, because the application deadline is approaching. What should I choose? I'm afraid to miss it.
I have already tried a couple of those on Coursera and edX, but this time, it's a licensed course with a certificate (they promise to deliver it to my house). I think it's a good chance for me and I don't want to miss it.