[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Can I Claim ESA? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Can I Claim ESA?

All about money
Floyd, Do You realise That You can Only claim Severe Disability Premium if The Person who is Entitled Lives Alone and does not have a partner?
The Only time that a person with a Spouse/Partner can claim Severe Disability Premium is if Both are in receipt of At Least Middle Rate Care DLA or Either rate Daily living PIP.

The link below explains it
Severe disability premium

A severe disability premium is added for people who are receiving certain disability benefits and who meet other conditions. You will qualify if you receive the middle or highest rate of the care component of DLA, or you receive AA at either rate, and you live alone (or are treated as living alone) and no one is paid Carer’s Allowance for looking after you.

Severe disability premium is payable at the single rate in most circumstances. However, you may get the couple rate if both of you receive the middle or highest rate of the care component of DLA, AA or PIP at either rate, and nobody is paid Carer’s Allowance for looking after you

The above statement comes from the following Website

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/social-car ... efits.aspx

Hope this helps.
Thanks Floyd and Dancing it really is a complex system, I will try and get my head around all this, I appreciate your help.
DQ
You are quite correct and I will amend my post accordingly tomorrow. my confusion is due to a long week and a heavy case load. Each case is different and I make no excuses for my error.
Won't happen again
Very Mad at himself, Madfloyd